Friday 27 February 2015

What does a sick little girl need ? Her mama, her bed, lots of rest, fluids, love, cuddles - and NEW JamJams of course !

Little Miss Bug and I have had a rough week this week.
We both have colds, and got hit with a tummy bug, even tummy pain enough that I took the little Miss to the hospital the other night.

We are both coughing, running fevers, and generally feeling majorly icky.

But for once, Mama is healing up just a WEE bit quicker, and I felt like spoiling little Miss.
She isn't just sick, but she's missing a weekend away at Grandma and Grandpas because she's sick.


So, since she was out of bed today, and I could keep an eye on her from my sewing area and not have to be going up and down the stairs, I figured I'd try out the Love Notions JamJam sleepwear.

Oh - and since I had unpacked my Mom's old serger and cleaned it out just before Miss and I took ill, it was a good excuse to give it a run.

Pattern Description: 
This loungewear set includes a sweet shirt with yoke back detail, gathered, dropped shoulder seams, cap sleeves and shirt tail hem. Also included are capris and shorts with a ruffled curved hem and optional faux drawstring. All pieces are meant to be made in medium weight knit fabrics for the ultimate comfort.

Pattern Sizing:
2T - 14
I made a size 10 for my small 10-yr old

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
It looked very similar to the images on the PDF file and website.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Exceptionally so !
Love Notions patterns come with a very detailed tutorial to follow - not just snippets of short instructions like the "Big 4" paper patterns do.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love that this is an amazingly cute sleepwear set that is modest yet up-to-date.
I love that it's made with knits so it's comfy for moving around in for my little girl.
I love that the designer has taken the time to thoroughly explain each step along the way.

My *only* dislike is that it's not available in adult sizes !

Fabric Used:
I used some knits that I have from my Mom's stash.
Mom was an excellent seamstress, and passed away in 2007, so I'm not 100% sure what the fabric is exactly.

My best guess is that the yellow is a jersey knit, and the striped fabric is a cotton-poly knit.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I didn't have quite enough fabric to do the full-length capri pants, so I took 3" off the leg length. 
It worked out okay, since the size 10 is a bit too big for my girl right now (done on purpose - she fits a size 8 using the measurements given)

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
In a heartbeat, and YES - I highly recommend this !

Conclusion: 
If you have a young girl in your life, these JamJams are the ideal blend of cute and stylish without giving up modesty.
I love this, and I hope that in the future Love Notions brings out an adult version, because I would make this for myself !







No comments:

Post a Comment