Tuesday 17 February 2015

An Unfinished Object - Finished

Well over a month ago, I took a trip to a lovely little sewing store nearby.
Sew Have Fun always has cool fabrics to choose from.
She specializes in quilting cottons, but has flannels, knits, interfacing, and other interesting bits and bobs too!

My older son, 12, picked out some Star Wars fabric, while my daughter opted to request a Saturday kids sewing workshop for herself, and my younger boy spotted some cute grey fabric with owls on it.

The Saturday workshop was easy enough - sign her up, and away she went.  She got to make a pieced pillow cover out of some deep red-wine coloured fabric.

The Star Wars fabric quickly turned into shirts for my son.  He crazy about Star Wars, and this is the only place we've found the licenced fabrics.

The owls on the other hand turned out to be problematic.  Who knew that grey buttons were neigh on impossible to find ?!?  So, this poor owl shirt has sat and sat, as a UFO (UnFinished Object) for over a month as I attempt to find matching buttons.  

I bought grey, but they were too light.
I bought grey, but they were too dark.
Too shiny, too this, too that.

I even bought some owl buttons - but they were a dark brown, and did NOT match.

I finally gave up and used some light cream-coloured buttons just to get the shirt made.

Owl Shirt : pattern is the Tween Porter's Shirt from Create Kids Couture one of many I've made using this pattern.  I love the over-sized pocket, and the clean collar lines !



I hope Mr. Bear likes it when he sees it !

No comments:

Post a Comment