Monday 23 February 2015

A different twist on a sweet T-shirt

About a week ago someone posted a photo of something they'd done to the Love Notions Cartwheel Collection T-shirt that struck a chord with me.  

I've made this shirt already for little miss Bug, and I absolutely adore it.
It's a slim fit, nice length, with a cute back detail.

 

Miss Bug is 10-years old, and wears this shirt quite a bit, even though we are in the midst of a seriously COLD winter (it's -34* C today).

So, since I already knew the construction of this shirt, and knew that the fit was wonderful on miss Bug, I got it in my head yesterday to take an hour or two and whip up the shirt in the manner I'd seen.

A swim shirt !!

I have some gorgeous swimsuit fabric that I've already used to make a swimsuit and swim cap for her from, but I had plenty left over.

So, with swim suit fabric, and clear elastic in hand, I sat down at 2pm and got to work.

The shirt went together incredibly nicely.
I put the clear elastic in the back opening, and around the neckline for stability and to prevent gapping as she swims.

I didn't have enough to do a pair of shorts as the bottoms, so I broke out a Kwik Sew underwear pattern to use instead.

And I had the entire suit done before we needed to leave at 4:30.



No comments:

Post a Comment