Sunday 22 February 2015

Sewing for Me ?!?

Let me start by saying that I seldom sew for myself.  I try hard NOT to sew for myself in fact.
I have a tiny little cutting area, and the pieces to accomodate my plus-sized self are simply too large to fit there easily.
And the fact that I AM plus-sized means that I simply do not enjoy looking at myself much at all.

I am also not aware of how to adjust patterns for size and fit, and VERY few patterns fit me right off the bat.

But when I came across a pattern sale that included Kwik Sew 3586 - a ladies button-down shirt in plus-sizes for only $1.25, I picked it up.

After a few weeks, I found I had finished my other projects and thought I'd take this on.

I've never done a structured shirt like this before - with full sleeves, cuffs, etc, so it took me a few days over the course of the week to finish it.

You can see my review of the pattern on Pattern Review.




No comments:

Post a Comment