Thursday 12 March 2015

Sometimes it works using no patterns at all, kind of.

I finished up a shirt for my younger son today, and felt like doing more crafty something than another piece of clothing.

So - cue the 1/4" plywood, the Exacto knife, and a load of my best creativity !

I took the frame of a doll bed that had long ago lost it's mattress support, and cut a new base for it using the Exacto knife.  Not a method I would recommend - please, use a saw !  Even a hand saw would be better than an Exacto !

Some finessing, and the base fits, and is ready for the new mattress.

Then I took an iron-on of the letter "K" (for Ken, which is what my Bear calls his doll) and ironed it on to the footboard of the bed.





Grab a chunk of 2 1/2" high memory foam that was an old mattress topper, and cut it down to size.

Okay - that works, but now it needs sheets !

And I do NOT have a pattern for doll sheets.

Bah - who needs a pattern for SHEETS I say to myself, as I measure and cut, as I sew and I hope.


It turned out, but not perfect.  The fitted sheet needed more length and width to really go under the foam, at least a couple extra inches.  And my fitted corners were - let's just say - NOT good !!  

The flat sheet and pillow case worked out nicely though.

And to top it off with the best part - my little boy is thrilled with the new bed for his doll !!




No comments:

Post a Comment