Monday 9 March 2015

Miss Mary Mack tunic pattern review

Love Notions released a new girls tunic pattern this morning.
It's a lovely pattern with many options that sewed up quick and easy for me.

It's called the "Miss Mary Mack Tunic".

I sewed it up today, here is my review




Pattern Description: 

A classic and simple tunic length top meant for knit fabrics. 
The tunic features two bodice styles, a straight bodice and a curved bodice. Four sleeve lengths are included- gathered cap, regular cap, flutter and long sleeve. 


Pattern Sizing:

12m through 14 y


For Miss Bug, I sewed up the size 10.





Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Not exactly, as I used a heavier weight matieral than is shown.
The style is the same, and it turned out wonderful.

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Immensely so ! I have never had a problem with Love Notions tutorials, they are clear, concise, and very thorough.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I love the options, it will be easy to make several shirts from this for my little girl for the entire year, and not have them look like cookie cutters of one another.

I'm not super keen on the maternity-like look the heavier material gave this, but that was my fabric choice, not an issue with the pattern.



Fabric Used:

I used a sweater knit / sweatshirt fleece that I found at a local thrift store for the main parts of the tunic.

The neck band is done in a jersey knit.

I use Pellon Knit & Stable on the hemline.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

None. If I made this again from a material like this, one with little stretch, I would probably go up a size in the arms, and blend that in with the size 10 armscye. It's kind of narrow around her arms, but not uncomfortably so.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Yes, yes, and yes !!

Conclusion: 

A wonderful pattern that you could base a wardrobe around easily.
It's a relatively quick sew, and has some very cute details.
It's cute, modern, and yet modest - perfect for today's preteens.






No comments:

Post a Comment